Global Soil Partnership Pillars of Action Contribute Model for Addressing Sustainable Soil Development
Conceived by select international organizations and research teams, five pillars of action have been identified as key drivers towards resolving sustainability issues related to global soil resources.
In order to tackle a global issue, a working framework for action is an important asset. Drawing on research and expertise of global stakeholders, the Global Soil Partnership has created five pillars of action towards sustainable soil development. Following is an outline of this framework, with links to more information.
5 Pillars of Action
- Promote sustainable management of soil resources for soil protection, conservation and sustainable productivity
- Encourage investment, technical cooperation, policy, education awareness and extension in soil
- Promote targeted soil research and development focusing on identified gaps and priorities and synergies with related productive, environmental and social development actions
- Enhance the quantity and quality of soil data and information: data collection (generation), analysis, validation, reporting, monitoring and integration with other disciplines
- Harmonization of methods, measurements and indicators for the sustainable management and protection of soil resources
Supporting and developing Sustainable Agriculture is among Team Gemini’s primary endeavors. We take a multipronged approach to addressing challenges associated with soil—from water conservation and treatment that supports strained resources, to advanced greenhouses which minimize the burden on soil while maximizing production of various foods. These technologies also eliminate harmful pesticides as well as plant viruses and diseases. Team members like Artigianfer, A3-USA, and VISCON Group all contribute technologies to treat resources efficiently throughout the year.
Beyond conservation, Team Gemini also examines current industry practices to help eliminate harmful and counterintuitive treatment of waste. Most industries follow outdated practices of treating their waste, which continues putting a burden on water, soil, and other life- and business-sustaining components of our environment. Through anaerobic digestion and add-on technologies provided through Team Gemini and our partners, we’re able to turn waste into a multitude of resources such as electricity, thermal energy, grade-A compost and liquid concentrated fertilizer, as well as various biofuels. Rather than have waste pollute groundwater and soil, why not have it become a resource that contributes to a healthy Triple Bottom Line?
To learn more about Team Gemini’s diverse technology solutions, visit http://teamgemini.us/technologies/. Consider subscribing to our RSS feed or follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in the loop about key updates.
The original article can be found on this page.